1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another teacher for the Poin files

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 6, 2010.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

schoolteachernews.com; go to scandal map. Its all right there.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That poor kid. :'(

[​IMG]

(Referring to EStreet's post)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

We had a teacher/student sex case over the summer (female teacher). Her grandmother came to tell us she was dropping her subscription. Oh, and her son dropped the paper, too. She realizes a small community like ours needs a newspaper but doesn't see "who's being protected" when our story included that they met on back roads in the county and she texted messages to him.

Um, how about, "Teachers who take your kids out to have sex on county roads and text suggestive messages to your children may be sexual predators"? Thus, we are letting parents know a couple of potential behavorial patterns. Oh, and tell your son that he should question his parenting skills because his daughter, who is was married to another teacher, somehow didn't get that having sex with a 17-year-old boy is at least illlegal and most definitely immoral!

And this high school has had three teachers busted for sexual misconduct with minors in the last eight years.

(Not that I'm against these threads; I'm just against stupid people)

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Pics or go the fuck home.

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I was going to but:
    1) Doing so would mean that I'd have to post a link to our website and that would out me.
    2) Someone took the photo off the story posted on the website anyway.
    3) I can't go get the photo right now because I am at home.

(Edit: But then I remembered, the pic was posted by one of the TV stations and it's still there: http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12483638 . It's my understanding she'd been crying before the pic was taken.)

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I bet for every case that ends in arrest, there's 10 that never are made public.

I know, PERSONALLY, of three incidents.

1. An old acquaintance of mine from high school became a substitute teacher when he was about 25. He was caught banging a 17-year old student. He was arrested and splashed across the news. I never heard what happened to him, though I've got to say, it doesn't surprise me that he'd do something like that.

2. A female friend of mine in college got drunk and confessed to me that she slept with her high school basketball coach, then found out that her teammate slept with him too.

3. A girl I knew in college became a teacher, then got in a relationship that none of her close friends knew any details about whatsoever. After that relationship ended, she confessed that it was with a student.

I also know of a teacher that banged several of his students, but always waited until they graduated from high school and were 18. I guess that's technically legal...

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And in a twist, former pro becomes elementary school teacher:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/bx_teach_admits_an_ex_hooker_HAs5wQMrW8KdcAfpgrK3WP

Maybe she's recruiting future clients.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She has an MFA in creative nonfiction. This may answer the question, Who writes the Penthouse Forum letters?

She teaches at P.S. 70, is this a promotion from P.S. 69?

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Velvet Jones sees no problem with this

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is that the SportsJournalists.com version of "Fuck or Fight"?

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Eufaula, Alabama. Sorry if this is a repeat:

http://dothan.wsfa.com/news/crime/former-teacher-be-sentenced-today-raping-student/70669

[​IMG]

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Perkins was charged with multiple counts of rape and sodomy of a 15-year-old boy.

I doubt it was "rape rape".

Draft saved Draft deleted