1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another teacher caught bumping uglies with a student

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Mar 1, 2007.

1. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Sadly, this ain't no joke. I've got a friend of mine who was coaching football and teaching history. He failed a girl in his class, and then she approached him after class and asked if she could do any "extra credit." He got where she was going with this and quickly exited the room. An hour later, the principal and a police officer walk into his classroom to question him. The girl said he had tried to hit on her and said he'd change her grade if she spent the night with him. This is a guy who had been married for less than a year and his wife was pregnant with their first child. No way does he do this. I know the guy. His colleagues, also good friends of mine, know the guy. There's no way.

There ended up being no charges, but his contract was voided and he had to move to teach and coach elsewhere. When I found out about it, I'll never forget what the head football coach told me: "SCEditor, have you seen his wife? Trust me, he ain't cheatin' on that."

2. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Another iteration:

http://lacrossetribune.com/articles/2007/03/07/newsupdate/2update.txt

Felony charges were filed today against a youth counselor at a La Crosse group home who reportedly admitted to a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old male resident.

Racheal M. Graf, 21, of 400 Monitor St., Apt. 44, was charged in La Crosse County Circuit Court with sexual assault of a child placed in substitute care and child neglect.

Prosecutors claim Graf, while employed as an overnight counselor at the Family and Children’s Center group home at 320 N. Eighth St., had sex at least twice with the 17-year-old, though not at the facility.

Other teens at the home later used the relationship to coerce Graf into allowing them to use her cell phone to arrange drug purchases, according to the complaint, and to go to a neighboring house to drink alcohol and take drugs

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I understand what he's saying, but that doesn't mean anything. I've been on the road with teams where players with knockout wives were hooking up with whatever skanks were hanging around the bar. Why? It's something to do in Cincinnati, and it's something different. We guys love something different, even if it's completely illogical.

4. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

I can't believe this hasn't been said yet:

Niiiiiiice!

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

A high school head football coach in Missouri is going to court for trying to kiss a couple of high school girls while they were babysitting for them.

I don't think this is a case where there was any sorts of cooperation from the girls either. I can't find a link to the story on the web, but my mom was telling me about it when I called home and happened to ask about the other coach I posted about here.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Ya know, call me paranoid, but I try and carry my digital tape recorder everywhere I go. If i get pulled over, I want the conversation on tape. Talking with one of my part-timers who are only in high school, I want it on tape.
    Call me paranoid, but I'm left with the suspicion that one of these days, one of those recordings will come in handy.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yeah. I think with the amount of accusations being tossed around, Riddick has the right idea. There's no indication of when some kid or parent will get mad at a teacher and accuse them of something like this.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

First thing I thought of when I read SCeditor's post

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And just so we don't feel left out, a Toronto teacher has just been charged.

[​IMG]

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/190380

Supt. Roy Pilkington, who runs 31 Division, said it's not uncommon for men in positions of authority to victimize young females, but added: "It's very rare – I've been a police officer for some 34 years – and this is the first case I can recall in Toronto ... where we've had this reverse situation."

I guess we lag behind you guys in that department.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Oh man, this is creepy. That chick looks exactly like a girl I went to high school -- who is now a middle school teacher.

She's cuter though.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

12. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

And a few other recent cases as well:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=%22teacher%22+arrested+sex&scoring=d

Draft saved Draft deleted