1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another teacher caught bumping uglies with a student

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Mar 1, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'd hit it.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Fixed.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

It reminds me of Dr. Seuss's "Oh the Places You Will Go"

I will hump you in the park.

You can poke me after dark.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You can poke me here or there

Please take off my underwear

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

BYH came and went

his tiny manhood quickly spent

6. Hot4Teacher

Hot4Teacher New Member

Ok, so I'm not sure how smart this is, but every time one of these threads comes up, I feel sort of compelled to post this, so here goes.

I had sex with a female teacher of mine in high school.

I was 17 at the time, and she was 27. She was my first. And you know what? I wasn't scarred for life. I wasn't seduced or coerced. It certainly wasn't rape. It didn't screw me up forever, or damage me for any future relationships. I didn't require hours of agonizing therapy. We weren't in love, and certainly didn't want to run away and have kids. It was unprofessional, yes, and certainly stupid, but it happened. She was good-looking and funny (spaceman definitely would have hit it), a student teacher who graduated from an Ivy League school. I had her for just one class my junior year, honors English, and we were friendly but never flirty. I worked my tail off, learned a lot about writing, and still ended up with a B. During the summer, she needed some help moving, so some other football players and I helped her move into a new apartment. Every now and then, I'd drop by her house, and we'd sit on the porch and b.s., and one night, for a myriad of reasons, I leaned over and kissed her and she kissed back. I'm not even sure why I did it; it just happened.

The next day, she freaked out, told me how wrong it was, said she couldn't believe she'd done something so stupid, and that something like it could never happen again. I said ok, won't happen, don't worry, I'll never tell a soul.

A few nights later, we slept together. We slept together off and on for the rest of the summer. She got another job offer 2,000 miles away, and that was that. We've kept in touch sporadically and every few years she'll email me occasionally after having seen my byline, and tell me how sorry and stupid she was, that she has never and would never cross that line again, and hopes that I don't hate her. I always tell her the same thing: I regret nothing, I would change nothing. Yes, it was wrong, but hell, it was an invaluable part of my transition from boyhood to manhood. I learned a lot, and I'll just leave it at that.

I kept it a secret for several years, told a few friends in college, and told my wife about it when we started dating, well before we got married. She mostly thinks it's funny.

The teacher is happily married now with two kids, and still teaching. I would rather die than "report" her for something I was a willing and participant in. If questioned about it, I would say that I made the entire thing up. I do wrestle with the thought sometimes of what I would do if I learned that a teacher was sleeping with my son or daughter, and mostly I've come to the conclusion that I'd be furious. But at the same time, I wouldn't go back and change what happened to me. I suppose it would be different if she'd taken on the entire football team like some of these teachers we read about. But it was just the two of us. She wasn't a sex addict, and I wasn't some horny dumbass without a clue. We had a connection well over a decade ago, it ended, and that was that.

I guess I'm posting this because, even though you see countless stories about teachers sleeping with students and getting caught, I think situations like mine are probably a lot more common than you think. This stuff happens, no one is forever damaged, no one ever says anything, and life goes on. It's wrong and dumb, kind of like using cocaine, but not everyone's life is ruined by it. Some of you might say, "Well you're in denial, you were abused, it's an outrage and a crime!", but to me, it just sounds like the bleating pyschobabble of a cable TV talking head. At 17, I was old enough to sign up for selective service and decide where I wanted to attend college. I was also old enough and mature enough to decide whom I wanted to sleep with and when. I'm certainly not attempting to defend teachers that bone their students, but I just thought you might want to know that it doesn't irrecoverably scar every kid either.

7. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

It seems inevitable that this sort of thing happens. A new HS teacher, fresh out of college, may be as little as 3-4 years older than some seniors. That's not really that big a difference. Hell, they may hang out at the same places on weekends. Like you said, I'm sure it happens all the time that teachers and students sleep together and nobody reports it. Seems like the only way this gets out is when teacher sleeps with a slew of students, because it's harder to keep a group quiet than it is to keep two people quiet.

8. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

KRAMER: (reading from the Penthouse Forum) "I know this is going to sound like a crazy fantasy but every word of this story is true…" (exits to street) " A few weeks ago my girlfriend happened to mention to me how attractive she thought our new neighbor Linda was…"

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I guess the big question would be has she done this with any other students? If she says no, how do you know for sure? Maybe you, at 17, weren't emotionally damaged by it, but would every 17-year-old react the same way. I don't know.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

This part made me laugh. No,no,no, YES! Although, I would imagine that's how a lot of these things get started.

Good on ya, Hot4. You show BigPern how its supposed to be done. You may want to retire that handle, though. Not much chance you'll be able to top post no. 1.

And to continue the Seussian rhymes

I will bang you in the class

You can tap me in the ....

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Why? If he's found not guilty, then he's not guilty in the eyes of the law. Now if he was found guilty of that crime, or if he plea-bargained to something lesser and they wanted to hire him back, you'd be onto something.

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Please everyone, it's Seuss, not Suess.

Draft saved Draft deleted