1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another store-slapped kid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'd just like it put on record that I am not responsible for any hateful PMs (although I have recieved a few). I keep my hate on the main board for all to see.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I oddly appreciate that. :D

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

This cracked me up.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd say the people hitting other people's kids deserve the beating, but that's just me.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ace, I know we disagree often but I totally agree with you on this one. You touch my toddler, there will be two calls made, one to 911 and the other to the coroner. I know I won't be going with the latter.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Fixed

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

2-year-olds just act like assholes sometimes. That's the way 2-year-olds are.

You should know.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

My point is, most bad behavior by kids is directly a result of shitty parents. I'm not talking about two-year olds. I'm talking about 8-10 year-olds who should no better but don't because their parents are too fucking lazy to raise them properly.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Do you have kids?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Do you?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Why is it that the conservative viewpoint boils down all problems to being lazy?

Maybe they are hardworking bad parents.

Maybe they wrenched their shoulder on their good spanking hand and are out of commission.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

You didn't answer the question so I am going to assume the answer is no. I've raised mine so this is experience talking. Also, I remember the things I did as a kid.
    Kids don't always follow their parent's wishes. I'm sure you're young enough to remember doing something for the hell of it as a kid, knowing you would get in trouble. It's no different.
    True, some parents aren't fit to be parent but don't blame it all on them.

Draft saved Draft deleted