1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another steroid case for the hypocritical and fradulent Mets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, May 8, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Even better with the report I just read from yesterday with Ortiz saying he does not know if he ever took performance enhancing drugs. He drank "protein shakes" he got while home in the Dominican Republic when he was younger and he is not sure what was in them.

Am I getting cynical or does he sounds like he's trying very hard to cover his ass here?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AiNOEagcmc9ap0soO64Gv5Y5nYcB?slug=ortizsteroids&prov=st&type=lgns

2. creamora

creamora Member

Ragu,

What was charged and reported to be true was a 30 foot shark. What was committed and plead to was a 2 inch minnow. Lies were told in the affidavits and indictments. The evidence showed that the crimes that were committed were more less than what was charged. The feds leaked information that was a misrepresentation of the facts and the reporters promoted this information. In part, this is why there is so much confusion about the case. It was reported that the evidence was slam dunk and now it seems like that is not the case. -f the evidence was as the Chronicle has describred, then Bonds would have been indicted already. The facts have been misrepresented to the public. The agenda is about character assination.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

He very well could be covering his ass, I really don't know.

But I do think it just illustrates the very wide disconnect in attitudes (not to mention the laws) between what is acceptable in the D.R./other Latin American countries and what is acceptable in the USA.

I think that's a problem that baseball isn't taking very seriously. Hard to get through to a guy who's grown up with all these "mystery protein shakes" being accepted (maybe encouraged) among his teammates/coaches and trying to make him understand that it is a very serious offense in American baseball. It's a cultural issue as much as it is an integrity issue.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can somebody please post that broke record picture again...better yet, stop arguing with this yutz. All he does is insist everybody but Barry Bonds is lying over and over again..

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted