1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Sporcle challenge: Name the 80s songs (alert BYH)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, May 20, 2009.

1. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not amused.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I always found it funny on the Styx episode of 'Behind the Music' when Tommy Shaw described how the crowd at an outdoor show absolutely shit upon Mr. Roboto after spending most of the hot afternoon listening to some great rock music.

Oh, and I got a 73 on the quiz.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

86 in about six minutes, but no hope on the others.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I got 56/100 on the 80s quiz without Google and/or asking my friend that I'm chatting with, and somewhere around 40 before Google on the 90s quiz.

Keep in mind that I was born in 1985, so most of the music on the 80s list was before I was born, and I hate rap, which seemed to be 3/4ths of the 90s list. If they had "name the COUNTRY songs of the 90s," I'd ace it with time to spare because that's all I listened to in my formative years.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I was born in 1981 and I got 53. Of the 47 I missed, I recognized about 40 of them but didn't know who sang them.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

98 in less than five minutes.

"Just Can't Get Enough" and "Ain't Nobody" are harshing my buzz.

I tried Bad Company and David Lee Roth, but no go. Gotta figure it's some eurotrash, as someone noted earlier.

Edit: Holy crap! I guessed Depeche Mode and they sing "Just Can't Get Enough." Ninety-nine with 7:30 to go, hmm...

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I cheated. Jesus that last one was impossible. Major kudos to anyone who got it legitimately.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

got 50
    if there was a 90s one i would tear it up.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

And they do have one... I got 74... although the following bands weren't on there: Foo Fighters, Offspring, STP, Smashing Pumpkins. How can you have a 90s list without them? That means I should have had 78.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Got 'em all with 9:26 to go.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

According to the results page, only 7.5 per cent of the 33,423 quiz takers thus far guessed right on that one - the lowest result.

Only 1 per cent of the quiz takers have correctly guessed all 100, so about 334 people. Which is double the 0.5 per cent who got one right and no more.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/vh180s_results.php

Draft saved Draft deleted