1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another shooting - Pearl Harbor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 4, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Might wanna revisit the teaching of such tactics.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Suspected Pensacola shooter said to be a Saudi military trainee, per CNN.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did this not happen in Broward County?

Same county where they didn't rush the Marjory Douglas Stoneman shooter?

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Those fucking cops should all be shot. Motherfuckers. Giant lawsuit coming from the hostage and innocent bystander families. Or did Florida cap the amount that can be awarded?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Every cop who fired a shot should be brought up on charges and fired immediately. The city/county should have to pay out the ass for this. Disgusting.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The family of the hostage and the bystander killed by them will own the city.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That was the UPS guy's first day driving a truck.

10. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen or heard a list of law enforcement offices involved in the chase and shootout. Best I can tell from local reports, it included Miami-Dade County sheriffs and police from a few south Broward municipalities. The guy who didn’t go into MDS was with Broward County Sheriff’s Office.

poindexter likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember wondering how people in the Middle East went about their business when there always seemed to be some bomb going off on a bus or wherever - now we hear the Pensacola shooting was "terror." I don't know if we're "supposed" to feel more freaked out by the Pensacola shooting than the Pearl Harbor shooting. I realize white people in America aren't used to being targeted for violence, but violence is violence - shootings are shootings. I do find it odd that we are more likely to "respond" to a terror shooting than one where a kid grabs one of his parents guns and blows away half-a-dozen classmates.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Pensacola shooting really exposed an odd Federal loophole in the gun laws.

Foreigners are not legally able to buy firearms in the USA ... unless they get a hunting license. So he did. Then he legally bought a Glock 9mm - which is not a hunting piece.

Draft saved Draft deleted