1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another shooting - Pearl Harbor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

My father-in-law was a half-mile away from this on the base. He was in a warehouse when they told everyone to stand in place. About an hour ago they re-opened the gates and he was heading back to his hotel.

First time I've ever had to preface a conversation to my wife and mother-in-law that I heard back from your dad/husband and he's safe ... but there was a shooting ...

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Any involvement by Japanese?

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Wow, that thread head reads like a weird non-sequitor. And it would have been all the more so, say, two days from now.

And, from the perpetrator's viewpoint, it would have been much more hard-hitting, then, too. What is with people?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Sweet Baby Yoda, this is some shitty ass police work. They managed to kill the perp and the hostage. They took up positions behind civilians and had other civilians in their line of fire.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

19 shooters, in stopped rush hour traffic. At least five civilian vehicles *with people in them* were used as cover by police shooters.

10. Inky_Wretch

I'm just gobsmacked by that incident.

They fired more than 200 rounds, killed the hostage and an innocent driver stuck in traffic.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dumb Donald blamed the Chinese for Pearl Harbor, again.

Draft saved Draft deleted