1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason why the coaches' poll is a joke -- take two

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Freelance Hack, Sep 6, 2006.

1. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

100 percent agreed.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Yer not an idiut.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Disagree as well. Ask John Swofford why Florida State and Miami face off so early in the season.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Don't have a poll start until the BCS' does in a few weeks. End of thread - take two!!

5. I don't give a damn about the coaches poll. If Bobby Bowden is voting (which he ain't, it's always one of his lackeys now), it's not a poll I would trust. Especially if Bowden is voting. Or Phil Fulmer.

Give me the old, venerable, trustworthy, always-solid AP Poll any damn week. Every damn week.

Get those old, fat, has-been coaches out of the voting process. And thank God Lou Holtz is gone. Memo to Lou: Dude, what's with the three-piece suit. Is that a .....vest? From, like.........1974?

Hey, I'm just venting...........It's what I do after another night in the chute...........

Draft saved Draft deleted