1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason why hockey is Canada's game....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Don't forget the fact that the bastards who control the NHL are all based in the U.S.

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

my most fervent wish for hte NHL is to get rid of that putz Bettman, and put a Real Canajan back in charge of the league.

3. Fake cowboys are very big down here.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's rat-bastards to you, pal

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You're confusing the NHL with hockey. The former has nothing to do with the culture of hockey.

Hockey didn't disappear when the NHL locked out the players.

We ended up going to junior games that season and have had season tickets for the past two years.

Every town over 500 people in this country has a rink.

Look at the Conn Smythe Trophy winners over the past forty years: practically every one has been a Canadian.

That's what I mean when I say it's our game.

6. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

The reason non-Canadian hockey teams win the Stanley Cup has nothing to do with who the game belongs to. Players on teams all over the league are from Canada, Russia, Sweden, Finland, and a bunch of other non-U.S. places. Just because teams in Florida, N.C. and Texas are willing to pony up the dough to bring in quality players doesn't mean the Canadians can't play. JR is right

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Some towns with rinks aren't even that big. My little burg has about 200 people and a newly renovated arena/community centre. Matter of fact, the township in which I live has about 5,000 people and rinks in four different sites.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The thread title makes me wish I was living in Canada. I love hockey and always will and that's a native Californian talking ...

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

JJ's right, small towns love their hcokey.

My junior team played an exhibition game in September in tiny Baltimore, Ont. (just a few klicks off the 401 from Cobourg for those wondering). The place has a sparkling new rec centre with a terrific arena that would put to shame almost anything in my city of nearly 400,000.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Right on. Canada wins the Stanley Cup every year by virtue of all teams maintaining a majority of Canadians on the roster.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Fixed that for you. ;)

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He reads children's books. Heck, he doesn't even miss a beat in times of strife.

Draft saved Draft deleted