1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason why athletes should wait to get married.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

And you wanted to know why I didn't answer you? It's because I expect this sort of stuff from you. Therefore, why should I give you ammunition to get started. I enjoy ignoring you.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Drip, you confuse "wishing ill will" with "not interested in rooting for."

Arguing the semantics here with you is not something I'm particularly interested in doing at length because I think I have a pretty basic understanding of how you view women based on your posting history (unless I'm confused and it's all been performance art the past few years), but let me just say that the idea that Elin is "set" and that she'll "never have to work another day in her life" is a pathetic rationalization by you. I'm going to bet, if she really loved him, she'd give it all up if she could go back in time and have her husband unfuck a harem of skanks.

What monetary figure should we put on the emotional cost of having to explain to Charlie and Samantha one day why their father fucked a Perkins waitress in the parking lot of a church after they read it on the internet?

She deserves every nickle she got in that settlement, and he's still getting a bargain for the way he humiliated her.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Shit happens.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Anyone who has been on this board more than 48 hours knows that Drip is the biggest clown here.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

No, you do not have it.
    For whatever reason, the marriage is over. It's time to heal and more importantly, time to raise two kids. It's a screwed up situation but a kiss and tell story does nothing but open more wounds. Perhaps you can say that it helps her to tell her side and I can see that angle. However, I'm thinking about two innocent kids who will already have enough crap to deal with growing up.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

And your point is, besides trying to create a hissing match?

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hiss and tell!

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't know what the law is down there but here in Ontario and probably most of the other provinces it's simple. They were husband and wife and legally she's entitled to half of the family assets (unless there was a pre-nup). So as Double Down said, she didn't get "paid" nor did she "make out".

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

DD, I'm going to assume that you're well meaning but you don't know me or how I view women or anything else. I do know the difference between "wishing ill will" with "not interested in rooting for."

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"For whatever reason"?

Seriously?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

When these kids are old enough to do a Google search, they'll find roughly 1.4 billion other things under their dad's name that are worse than Elin's fairly innocuous interview.

Draft saved Draft deleted