1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason why athletes should wait to get married.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

So, what you are saying is that the only thing that separates Elin from all of the others of Tiger's women is the price differential?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I said what I said. They got married. They had kids. The guy cheated. They tried to reconcile. It didn't work. They got divorced. She got paid. That pretty much ends it as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't think she comes off very flattering with a kiss and tell story. It just gives more ammunition for a-holes to throw at her kids as they get older.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Kiss and tell story?

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

People who make comments like "She got paid" and "What did she expect?" have a pretty shitty view of both women and marriage, I think. It's sad to me how many people in our profession seem to view this whole thing as a minor annoyance on Tiger's march toward history. They'd prefer she hurry up and go away so he could start winning majors again.

Frankly, I would like to see him struggle for awhile because anyone who could shamelessly humiliate their spouse, and disrespect the mother of kids that he professes to love, and then coldly brush it all off and jump right back into their own selfish pursuit of individual glory, isn't someone I'm going to have an easy time rooting for, no matter how skilled he is at hitting a round piece of plastic with a metal stick.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A thread discussing someone else's marriage, started by a guy who supposedly sent an ex a box of shit.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Shit happens.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OTOH, despite what I wrote earlier about not wanting Tiger to win again until the senior tour. It would be great theater if sometime next year, after not winning a goddamn thing he just comes out and says that he's just going to be himself and stop trying to change. If the only way Tiger can win is to be a self absorbed whore mongering asshole with no appetite for pleasing the public or being liked, I would cheer like hell for him.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Some men are frightened of women. Threads like this are therapy.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

People Mag editor said on NBC today that Elin was not paid for the interview. And, Elin says it will be her only interview.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Definitely. I've been calling for Tiger to embrace his inner asshole for months now. How great would that be?

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

DD, whatever happened in their marriage is their business. Wishing ill will on Tiger or anyone else isn't cool.
    Mrs. Woods won't have to work another day in her life. She is set. Right now, she and Tiger, should be concentrating on raising their kids. The marriage is over. Time to move on.

12. beanpole

beanpole Member

Oh, I get it. It’s the public’s fault for putting so much pressure on Woods, he just couldn’t help banging skanks. And its his ex's fault because all she wanted was his money and she decided to tell her side of it in a free (no money changes hands) interview.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

Draft saved Draft deleted