1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason why athletes should wait to get married.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Between Tiger, his whores, his lawyers, his clueless handlers, his body men/pussy scouts, his image people, his alleged friends and even his dead father, she's the only person who didn't act like a selfish, shameless, horndog in this whole deal, so I'd say she's entitled to talk to whatever publication she wants to tell her side of things. She showed remarkable restraint and dignity not saying a peep up until now.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

True, but DD, she got paid handsomely.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, she shouldn't do as much for herself as possible? The marriage is over and there is no question he is at fault. She was betrayed and humiliated in front of the world. I have absolutely no problem with her getting hers.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

By whom?

And you never answered my question.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's not like she came out guns blazin' or anything. Said some pretty standard, non-controversial stuff. Only half-interesting thing she said was that she did not hit Tiger with a golf club.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You can't put a price on having explain to the kids why mommy and daddy now live in different houses.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Shouldn't the thread title be changed to Another reason why people who want to fuck everything in sight should wait to get married?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Unless it was her intent to marry him, have children with him and be his wife knowing he would screw any able bodied slut at the Waffle House just so she could get the money, the payoff is irrelevant.

SHe'll forever be known as Tiger's ex-wife, the one who he cheated on at every opportunity with any skank. The chances of her finding a husband she can trust in the next 5 years or so miniscule. She did nothing to deserve what happened to her and he was in total control of the situation

If there is a god, Tiger Woods won't win another tournement until he's on the senior tour.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Elin-Nordegren-on-Tiger-Woods-I-ve-been-throug?urn=golf-265021

I was a little shocked by this part:

"In short, she was as surprised as most of the rest of the world that the persona Woods put forth – dedicated competitor, family man – was a carefully constructed sham."

But . . . I thought he (and his image makers) NEVER put forth the idea that he was a "family man." This is so strange.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He's his father's son?

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Fundamentally this just points out that some people do not believe that a wife contributes anything financially to the household if she does not work. So obviously that means Elin "made out." What did she do that made her worth hundreds of millions? Ask yourself, would Tiger have accumulated what he did during the marriage without Elin? Was there a crafted family image? In my mind, as a huge Tiger fan, no doubt. That's part of the Jordan way that Tiger followed.

IMHO, as the sole earner in my household, I still believe that my wife is my partner. I would not have the freedom to do what was necessary for my career without her support, structurally and emotionally. What is that worth to you? That is the concept that under the law in Florida Elin recovered.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The problem is the whole world already knows why, so the question is going to be why daddy put his dick in anything he could find with two tits and a hearteat.

Draft saved Draft deleted