1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason why athletes should wait to get married.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Tiger's wife is making the rounds.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5495563

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Wait for what?

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't know if you're serious or not with your question.
    Any athlete, especially a world class athlete such as Woods, would do better financially and definitely emotionally to wait until after their career is over. It's difficult to tell if a person wants you for who you are instead of what you are and how much money you have in the bank. And the strain of having a normal relationship while you are a world class athlete is tremendous. Many times, it does not end well.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I was serious with my question, but you have titled your post: "Another reason why athletes should wait to get married if they're going to mess around and sabotage it." I don't think superstar athletes getting married under the presumption that they're going to be faithful is that big a problem. I happens all the time. But when a divorce is presumed, yes, you're right on all accounts.

That being said, are you surprised Elin went to the press? I really just hope that Tiger's troubles are behind him now, he can get his sluts hand delivered to his room at night and start winning tournaments again.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm not surprised that she went to press. I just didn't think she would. She already had public sympathy and support. She's gotten a nice sum from Woods. What did she gain by going public?

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

She was pretty much already in the public.

I think that she might have been hoping that she could just give her side in a fairly controlled situation and be done with it.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

What's to tell? How my "perfect" rich professional golfer husband cheated on me with skanks and I didn't have a clue but now I got a chunk of his loot and we're going to try and raise our children as best as we can in this mess that he created?
    Nothing needed to be said, at least not in print.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So she's not entitled to tell her side of it?

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Boring.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

She did it because the celebrity press wasn't going to leave her alone until she did one of these.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

As opposed to her just going off quietly?

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

How about just letting only your wife take your dick out of your pants? Problem solved.

Draft saved Draft deleted