1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason to become a vegetarian

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Mar 29, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Active Member

"In a study of 387 fertile partners of pregnant women, men whose mothers reported eating more than seven beef meals a week while pregnant, had a sperm concentration more than 24% lower than that of men whose mothers ate less beef, they found."

More than seven beef meals a week? That's beef every other meal, barring having beef for breakfast. Wouldn't you slip some bacon, chicken or fish in there somewhere?

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

mmmm bacon

4. Oz

Oz Active Member

You're right, that is another reason to become a vegetarian. I would hate for anything to go wrong while I'm pregnant.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I don't trust vegetarians.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

We would, too, Oz. Especially when thinking about what kind of kid you would deliver. :D

7. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Who in hell sits around all day and then says, “Hey, let's do a study to see if women who eat a lot of beef produce male babies who later have a sperm count lower than women who do not eat a lot of beef”?

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

some women prefer sausage

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Since my "Atkins kick" started on the weekend, I've avoided beef and pork, instead eating chicken, turkey and fish. Even my bacon in the morning is turkey bacon.

And seriously, I've noticed ZERO difference in my weight this week but I fell a hell of a lot healthier.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Active Member

Which is what started this whole sorry mess.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I had a fun with quote function "mmmm sperm" ready to roll here, but I just can't do that to Hoops.

Draft saved Draft deleted