1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

another reason the coaches poll sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Aug 6, 2006.

1. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I think it's interesting. You wanna read a "who cares" story? Pick up a damn paper! It's full of em.

I thought this one was cool, funny, interesting. He's not making a mockery of the poll. Good grief.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Please, no one could make a mockery of this poll. It's already there.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Good God.

Steve Spurrier talking about Duke?

I may spontaneously combust.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have no problem with this. He said he only does it in the preseason poll and, candidly, WHO GIVES A FUCK! NO ONE HAS PLAYED A GAME YET.

Now, if he does it at the end of the year to 1-10 Duke, there is adefinite problem..

And who knows. Duke goes 7-4, he'll look like a marvelous prophet.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Exactly, teams like Duke have the luxury to play for a good confrence(ACC). Duke has shown no signs of being a great team, but if they have one good season, they'll get some more attention which leads to momentum for the program.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I wish more coaches would do crap like this so we could fully recognize what a travishamockery the coaches' poll is in the first place.

The fact that we still even have a coaches' poll, especially after someone (who wears burnt orange and his name ryhmes with Smack Down, but who shall otherwise remain anonymous) left Cal of his ballot entirely two years ago so that Texas could go to a BCS bowl, is joke.

Now, if only Coach K had the balls to vote for Army in the basketball poll.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The over-under on Steve Smirk spiking his visor in 2006 is set at 4.

Who's in?

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

She only got to take one shoe off last year or something like that, and she wouldn't be taking much more off even if they left what was taken off last season. [hope that makes sense...it was a weak attempt at being funny]

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

He can "spike my visor" any time he damn well pleases.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I agree. WTF.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Kitten's her name. And I doubt she'll be splayed on a billboard this year. They're talking bowl (6-6 baby!) in Lexvegas this year.

Already momentum is being built for the Rich Brooks for coach of the year camapigns.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Guilty as charged.

Draft saved Draft deleted