1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason not to spank children

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Feb 29, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That made me laugh extremely hard.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I think the men doing all the coercing need to do more spanking when they're alone.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Where is the "How dare you spank your child?" crew anyway? You'd think they would be out in force on this thread, especially given the title.

I've really been looking forward to telling them to shut the fuck up. It's amazing some of the pretentious bullshit that gets posted on threads about parenting.

I'm not even going to get into how exactly Mrs. OOP and I handle our little one. What works for us may not work for everybody else and at least I'm smart enough to realize that. Some of the parents and non-parents on this site should try to get that through their heads.

You never hit your kids and they turned out great? How wonderful for you. Nice job.

You beat spanked your kids on a daily basis and they turned out great? Again, nice job. Congrats.

To sit there and say one method works or doesn't work for every child is flat-out bullshit. You want to make a suggestion on thread about parenting? Great. I'd love to hear your ideas. Lord knows there are moments that I wonder what to do next. That's parenting. Sometimes it's not easy.

But if you want to take a holier-than-thou attitude and tell me that what I do is right or wrong? STFU.

Ok...sorry...rant over.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hilarity. Railing against phantoms.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Obviously the way the thread was started went right over your head, which doesn't take much.

And this topic has been discussed on the board before. With a lot of preachy bullshit.

We now return you to TSP talking out his ass as usual.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bravo OOP. Bra-freakin-vo.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I see no reason to spank kids, oop. I was never spanked, and I'm closest in the family to a black sheep.

But go ahead and beat your child, he/she will come to think its normal and expect in whatever sort of adult relationship he/she enters into, becoming either a woman beater or a battered woman, and will all be your fault.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was spanked as a child. I was a rambunctious kid, so it happened quite a bit. My parents, grandparents, friends' parents and teachers at some point swatted me.

I guess I should tell my wife she's in an abusive relationship.

9. TheSportsPredictor

Rail away there.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If the adults in your life couldn't figure out a better way to discipline you, that simply means they are ignorant and took the easy way out.

And if you couldn't pick up that I was being over the top because oop is an idiot, well, that's not my fault.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Same goes for me, Inky. Never laid a hand on a woman I've been with. But apparently SC says I'm going to someday.

12. TheSportsPredictor

Huh. I thought a study said that. My bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted