1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason not to drive in NYC?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jun 7, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

NEW YORK — New York is already one of the nation’s most expensive places to drive, with an hour at a parking garage costing more than $20 in some places. But it could get a whole lot more expensive if Mayor Michael Bloomberg gets his way. To reduce congestion and pollution, he wants to charge cars $8 and trucks $21 to enter the busiest parts of Manhattan.
    Your thoughts.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Boots, my man, this is a month-old story.

3. boots

boots New Member

Well thanks for the info. I must live under a rock because it's the first that I've heard of it. Really.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Definitely old news.

5. boots

boots New Member

You know what it is old. Now that I think about it. When someone told me about this I was away from the area and really thought it was joke. My apologies everyone.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think the city hired some guy named Roebling to build a bridge across the east river. Thoughts?

;D

7. boots

boots New Member

As ususal the same **** come on with silly comments. Remember, there are some people here who don't live in the area or who may not get the informatiion until late.
    Let's remember that before asking people about building bridges and such. OK?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If people don't live there, they probably don't care in the first place.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

London already does it.

Toronto's seriously thinking about it.

Not new or news.

10. boots

boots New Member

WRONG AGAIN. Arguably more people visit NYC than any other major city in the country.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They don't drive there unless they live in the area or are insane, chief.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I just took a dump and I need someone to flush. Thoughts?

OK, so it's not that bad and it is useful info, but I couldn't pass on the chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted