1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason I no longer will go on roller coasters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Oct 7, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

This is happening way too often. If I'm going to go unexpectedly, it ain't gonna be on one of these things.

http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/riders-stuck-on-six-flags-coaster/20071007125409990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Hell, I get dizzy if I turn over in my sleep too quickly.

Forget about roller coasters. I won't have a thing to do with them.

Hell, every time I get in my wife's minivan, it feels like a roller coaster. And I always end up with a dizzy headache.

3. boots

boots New Member

I was on the loop roller coaster at Hersheypark and had to scream to get the attention of someone because my harness wasn't secure. That scared the shit out of me because I would've been a statistic.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We reported this story this morning on our newscast. I can't imagine being stuck 147 feet in the air and backward on the coaster.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Got stuck on a coaster at Kentucky Kingdom once, about a dozen years ago. 'Twas on the incline, about halfway up. Me and my cousins, all of us 12 or 13 at the time, thought it was pretty cool at the time.

They finally got it fixed after 45 minutes, and they took us all the way around the course at like 10 mph 'til we got back to the loading station and then they closed the ride for the afternoon.

6. boots

boots New Member

They could've been upside down.

7. Still more likely to die in a car crash.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'm not entirely convinced that going 10 mph through a roller coaster wouldn't be worse than going through it at regular speed.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

It was an interesting ride, no doubt. Luckily, there were no loop-de-loops or else people would have fucking flipped. It was just steep inclines and declines, sharp right and left turns ... oh, and one corkscrew. THAT was fun at half-speed. ;D

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the 15-year-oldish girl who had her feet chopped off at a ride in six flag started me with getting freakish about this shit ... this doesn't help.

11. I'm going to Six Flags on Sunday. Nothing will stop me.

The week it opened people got stuck at the top of the Titan at Six Flags in Arlington. The people had to take those tiny stairs all the way down (about 185 feet I think). THAT would suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted