1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another question for the Fenian gang

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Oct 23, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dibs on #12.

#87 and #1 also reserved, for obvious reasons.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Just wanted to hear someone from the other side admit it. You've actually restored my faith that someone on the left actually can think rationally.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton has No. 69 retired.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Suggested names for Fenian's Gang. All rights reserved until I hammer out the merchandizing.

1. The Mapplethorpes

2. The Apostles of Saddam

3. The Legions of (Alvin) Darkness

4. Satan's Penpals

5. The Vladivostok Reds

6. Jeebus's Sons-in-Law

7. Maoist Trotskyites In Full Flower for the Eternal Class Struggle Between Capital and Labor, Wherein Lies the Dignity of the Proletariat vis a vis the Inherent Solidarity of Man as Defined by the Right Thinking Policies of the Commisariat.

8. The Dress Left

9. Fnords!

10. The Not-Hondos

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Number seven would be awful tough to fit on a wife-beater.

6. With a name like Licking Jesus' Crotch it has to be good.

Licking Jesus' Crotch - its a floor shine and a dessert topping

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Careful, Evil. John 3:16 guy is gonna get righteously angry.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There's some great stuff on this thread. I'm practically in tears.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I call No. 81.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Be a hell of a classy neck tattoo, though.

11. What's he going to do? Take some PCP, kidnap me to a hotel and wait for the SWAT team? Oh wait.....

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This is absolutely brilliant. And I've got dibs on No. 93.

And Hondo, my fellow golfing traveler, your points are well taken. Radical Islam IS a legitimate threat... as is radical fill-in-the-religion-here. As a (albeit lapsed) Jew, I've maintained forever that if anything would take down the state of Israel, it would come from within -- from the nutjob ultra-Orthodox.

What I am alarmed about is the rise of religious extremism both outside this country (see Afghanistan and what has become of Iraq, among other places) and inside (see the rise of the Religious Right). The documentary "Jesus Camp" was one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen... and it would be equally unsettling concerning ANY religion.

Before I saw it, I saw a clip about it on CNN or ABC (can't remember which). I told my 12-year-old son, who was watching it with me, that it is up to him and his generation to do everything they can to prevent the theocratic enveloping of this country by these people (which is what they are advocating) from happening.

Doesn't mean I hate Christianity. Not hardly. It does mean I value the premises on which this country was founded.

Both forms of extremism scare the bejesus out of me. Neither means I hate Christianity. I trust you know the difference.

Yawn? I'm not so sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted