1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another question for the Fenian gang

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Oct 23, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Obviously the "Fenian Gang" aka "Your Ilk" doesn't have an answer.

What was the question, again?

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

All in need of ignoring or crushing.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For one, what is the price of groceries in Iran?

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Forget it. It's a waste of time. No intelligent debate here. Keep your heads in the sand, or perhaps in each other's ass. Blind guides.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I mean, if you can get eggs for 15 cents a dozen, a little martyrdom doesn't sound so bad, is all I'm saying.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And what is the price of tea in China?

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

1) We have a constitution that prohibits government establishment of religion. Beyond that, if a bunch of Christian loonies want to try to stop stem cell research, or get any kind of legislation enacted, because their silver-tongued minister told them the bible says so, they are within their rights as much as anyone else who has an agenda for goofy reasons. Of course, any such laws might actually violate the life and liberty clauses of the constitution, but that is a whole other issue.

2) As a libertarian, and something of a Goldwater type conservative, it bothers me. Get government the hell out of our lives. It is a hindrance to liberty.

3) With a secular government--that is not making decisions that are cloaked in Christian voodoo--we are in that much better a position to say to these Middle Eastern Theocracies, "Look at how it works here. Live and let live. Everyone practices their particular religion to their heart's content without worry of persecution." When we have "Christian values" dictating our way of life, rather than "the democratic will of the people," it takes away our moral standing.

Your post was dumb.

EDIT: Is the Fenian gang anything like the bloods and crips? How do I get in?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Which is the very reason thinking the "we" could force democracy on them might be the dumbest thing the Moron in Chief ever came up with.
    What you have done, douchebag, is point to the biggest reason we never should have gone into Iraq to begin with.
    You have proven the stupidity of you and your "ilk."

[​IMG]

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Love your sig, spnited.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fucking bet with BYH!

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

May I attempt turn this thread in a more intriguing direction? Yawn has a stupid fucking premise. One of the more idiotic posts than normal, and everyone realizes it. Knowing that, how would Bill Clinton or any other skilled politician answer a question like this? Even in response to a question like this he would probably say something compelling and insightful, but what?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

First, PoO, one would have to divine what the actual question was.

Draft saved Draft deleted