1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another proud papa thread - ignore if you want

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Mar 16, 2008.

1. She's four. We knew she wanted them about six months ago, but she changed her mind when we watched an infant break out screaming as it got its ears pierced. There was a couple behind us yesterday as well with an infant. I don't think I could do that. It was much better to see her ask for it and brave it herself.

2. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

My mom claims I ran out of the store with one ear pierced. I don't remember it quite that way.

I remember running out of the store beforehand, when the woman ahead of me in line screamed when that gun shot the needle through her ear.

We both agree that she bought me a chocolate bar afterward -- the caffeine in chocolate is supposedly good for pain -- and the darn thing melted in my hands because I held onto it too tightly.

I think I was 12. ::)

W-B, your daughter's brave! Make sure she takes care of her new piercings properly, with alcohol and all that. I don't remember actually having my ears pierced. I do remember how much it hurt when my earlobes got infected a few weeks later.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Different alcohol, W-b. Different alcohol.

4. Damn, what am I going to do with this big bottle of Peppermint Schnapps I bought for the kid to drink the pain away?

5. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Try pouring some of the schnapps on a cotton ball, and then applying it to her earlobe as a disinfectant. It should at least smell better than the drugstore-variety alcohol my earlier post implied.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

doesn't work. my buddy gave me my first ear piercing when i was 18. we were about 3/4 the way into a bottle of tequilla, and he used that for disinfectant. let's say i had a terrible case of the swollen ear syndrome a few days later.

Draft saved Draft deleted