1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another proud papa thread - ignore if you want

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Mar 16, 2008.

1. The kid and I were at the mall today when she casually told me she wanted her ears pierced. We had offered before, but she was always too scared.

Not today.

She sat in the chair, stared me in the face and held my hand as women stood on either side of her counting down the seconds until they would squeeze their triggers.

Click.

My daughter flinched, waited a second, and then ... smiled. She is now the proud owner of two sapphire earrings, her birthstone, and the same color of her eyes.

"I feel like a little woman now," she said.

As we were saying our goodnights tonight, she actually told her earrings goodnight.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I had tears in my eyes when the kid waved goodbye to her poop and tinkle one night.......

That sweet thing laughed and actually said byebye to a baby peblet of a turd.....

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Mine daughter did the same thing as she was learning to use the potty: "Bye-bye tee-tee and toliet paper." It still makes me laugh.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Enjoy it while you can W-B.

Pretty soon she'll be bringing home dudes with more earrings than her.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Man, do I ever have a long way to go. The big news around these parts these days is when my three-week-old poops or makes it through a feeding without spitting up after.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It took me 11 years to do that, Pete. Strap yourself in because it could be a long ride.

7. Shouldn't every post have "- ignore if you want" in the title?
    A good story though, WB. Goodnight to the earrings is priceless.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, Write-Brained.

Not the easiest of nights ... just got a little easier after that post. Thanks again ... and hope there are many more tales like those to counterbalance the not-so-nice parts of parenthood.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

my oldest got her first ear pierced, didn't cry a bit, but then said she didn't want the other pierced. i can remember it like it was yesterday ... shit, that was four and a half years ago.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

How old is yours, W-B? My two-year-old girl emulates Mommy sitting at the makeup table and stumbles all over the house in her shoes, but I wonder when she'll get the itch for earrings.

11. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

We bought a fish tank Saturday and spent the evening setting it up. Now we just need to go get some fish. My 4-year-old is asking me about it as I write this.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I was a little more proud of my daughter when she got her ears and navel pierced than I was of my son when he got his ears and nipples pierced. Fortunately, he came to his senses and the nipple piercings are gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted