1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Pregnancy Question . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Feb 19, 2008.

1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Pete: Hang in there, dude ... if it's any help, lots of us have been through this kind of crap, you have the right attitude, clearly, just keep focusing on the task at hand. We're pulling for you.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

...or pushing.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a very healthy baby and a good midwife! :D

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

As the father of two and the husband of an OB, if the baby is moving and everything has been OK to this point, I don't think you have a lot to worry about. 38 weeks might as well be 40. Congrats.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My sister gave birth to twins five months ago and she lost a little bit of weight before they were born. I echo what others say: Wait for the ultrasound.

6. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

What Roscablo said. If the baby is moving and fetal heart tones are normal, expect the ultrasound to be normal. Still, caution is better than cavalier. Congratulations.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So, Pete, are we going to get regular updates as the blessed moment nears/arrives like three bags did? He set the bar pretty high.

We've followed your baby over the past nine months--we figure we've earned it. ;D

Thoughts, prayers and best wishes to you, your wife and your soon to arrive child...

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's great, Pete. Best of luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted