1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another positive test for Landis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

There's a stink -- other than year-old piss -- in both sides of this fight. Should be sent to impartial third party (Germany?) , and let the chips land where they might.

2. Exactly...

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Also, if I understand how it works, you just don't take that stuff once in the middle of competition and all of a sudden you perform much better. It's something you have to take for a long time before the competition for it to do any good.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The most common answer I've heard to that from people who would know is that most of these guys take at least a few PEDs every day, but they take an equal amount of masking agents to balance it out, and Landis didn't take the proper amount of masking agents that day. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with that, but in an argument between elite cyclists and french cycling officials, I don't know who to believe...

That they can't take the tests at any of the other 32 accredited labs is bullshit, though. Just take the tests somewhere else, and let Landis's guys watch from a distance. It's not that fucking difficult. His career and name are in serious jeopardy here, so why not let him fully defend himself?

Draft saved Draft deleted