1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Politician Goes Down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chazp

chazp Active Member

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner. End of thread.

2. End of thread? He wrote that three days ago. There's been like 40 posts since.

Can't you come up with some other dated catchphrase for a while, like Cowabunga Dude or What you talking about Write-Brained!?

It would just be really nice if you took about 20 to 30 seconds after reading a post to think about how you might be a little more clever. Writing the first thing that pops in your mind is not entertainment for the rest of us.

And no, I'm not lol.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yawn, old_tony, hondo, boots, zagoshe, DyePack.

And that's without trying.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm posting this here because the Vitter thread got locked. I hadn't heard about his wife's comments from a few years until today:

I wonder if he's now a soprano?

5. Then there's his pal, Jim DeMint. (Thanks, IHT)

"It's really an issue between he and his family and God, and that has been dealt with, thankfully," said Sen. Jim DeMint, a South Carolina Republican. "He's a very good friend. He's a great legislator. So certainly I accept his apology, and hopefully it won't have any effect on his service here."
    Asked if the matter might undermine Vitter's reputation as a social conservative, DeMint replied, "Yeah, that's part of being in leadership. If you fail to live up to standards you set for yourself, then obviously that hurts. That's what all of us fear most, that we're going to discredit ourselves and no longer be effective."
    "We all think that we're not vulnerable to something like that happening," DeMint said, "but the fact is this can be a very lonely and isolating place to be away from your family. So I'm certainly not going to judge him because I don't want that kind of pressure on me."

That last part of the quote is, ah, interesting.

6. Good old Jim. This is the same guy that said during his campaign that homosexuals shouldn't be teaching kids ... and he was still elected.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Coffee wrecks your brain.

We aren't on the sky is falling bandwagon of liberals who have been obsessed about Bush since November 2000.

My only wish - no, I don't wish this for our country - but if Al Gore had handled things from 9/11 to now, this country would have been in far worse shape. He was the VP on the clock when they hit the USS Cole and we didn't do much more than whimper.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Do you even know what the VP does?

9. Normally, I just ignore your garbage, but tell me, how, exactly, would things be worse with Gore?
    The report the other day said Al-Qaida is back to 9/11 strength. We have lost thousands of lives in Iraq, accomplishing nothing other than destabilizing an already unstable region and creating more terrorists.
    Don't tell me about Sadaam, because there are more people dying over there now than there were under him and chances are the next dictator to seize power (which is what will happen) will be just as bad or worse.
    We have not made an serious attempts to get Bin Laden in about five years.
    So tell me, what on Earth could Gore do to screw things up more than Bush has?

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Gore would not have reacted with the military at all to anything that happened on 9/11.

Following, of course, in the footsteps of the man he served as VP under when these rats bombed the Cole.

11. You are officially the most ignorant person on the planet.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And again, coming from leftist mentality, that's a compliment.

Yep, the global warming nutbag....gas at $7 a gallon. America is just begging him to jump in the race. I know the Republicans are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.