1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Politician Goes Down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HeinekenMan, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actually, I think he was asking for $20 in exchange for the BJ. That's how I read that sentence anyway. Not that it really changes anything.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Yes, I believe that you're correct. Still, it's odd that someone who makes decent coin would be asking for $20 for this sort of service. I mean, did he really need the $20?

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You wouldn't know sarcasm if a book on it were hand-delivered with your own complimentary book review.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It would appear to me he wanted to suck some cock but didn't want to come off as a slut. So he chose whore instead.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Mrs. Potter.....Margot Kidder
    Fred Garvin.....Dan Aykroyd
    Slick.....Garrett Morris

[ open on Mrs. Potter lying in bed in hotel room, as a knock is heard at the door ]

Mrs. Potter: I'm coming, I'm coming.. [ opens door ] Hello?

Fred Garvin: [ entering ] Mrs. Potter?

Mrs. Potter: Yes.. that's me.

Fred Garvin: The same Mrs. Potter who's Vice-President, in charge of loans for the Franklin National Bank in Chicago.

Mrs. Potter: Yeah, that's me.

Fred Garvin: Here, this is for you.

Mrs. Potter: Oh, thank you. Thank you very much.

Fred Garvin: May I come in?

Mrs. Potter: What for?

Fred Garvin: Well, ma'am, you see, when a VP like yourself comes to Milain to do business, it's customary for the company to send a gal up to the room, compliments of Great Lakes Feed & Grain. And, well.. since you're a gal, the company sent me - Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute.

[ Fred stares at the camera as the title card appears ]

Mrs. Potter: Uh.. I don't, I don't think you understand, Fred. I'm not that kind of girl..

Fred Garvin: Oh, let me reassure you, ma'am. I can assure you profssional hygeine, discretion and animal gratification.

Mrs. Potter: I have never had to pay for that in my whole life.

Fred Garvin: Well, don't worry about it. Great Lakes Feed & Grain is picking up the tab. You get me for the whole night!

Mrs. Potter: Hey, uh..

Fred Garvin: Hey is for horses, young lady. No ifs, ands or buts about it - you're spending the night with Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Every time I read a story like this -- be it a politician, a minister, a teacher/coach, a scout leader, a principal -- I just ask WHY?

Are you that fucking horny that you need to stoop this low to risk your profession, your family, your self respect? I mean, what is so hard about going to a gay bar and picking someone up in a somewhat discreet manner in a somewhat protected enviroment?

I just can't figure this out -- and it has nothing to do with the fact that this dude was trying to do the nasty with a dude or whatever so spare me the homophobe speeches because gender has nothing to do with it in my book -- are people these days this desperate to get off that they are willing to risk it all in order to bust a nut?

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Probably too big of a risk to go to a gay bar. Lots of people there, and if one person recognizes you they could go to the press.

Though that's a lot less sleazy than getting caught in a bathroom.

Why can't people get it that it's alright to be gay? I know that America isn't ready to have a lot of gays in office, but voters do elect gay candidates. So it's not like his political future would be squashed.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This one isn't an issue of gay or straight.

It is a married guy who, by all accounts, was a prominent and respected member of a small community soliciting a prostitute in a public place.

That is what I can't understand -- this guy risked it all for what -- to bust a few nuts? I just can't figure some of these assholes out. It just ain't worth it.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's kind of funny actually.

10. Apropos of another thread, a really bad week for McCain continues.

"Allen was first elected to the Florida House of Representatives in 2000. Most recently he was serving as the chair of the House Committee on Energy. Allen was planning to serve as a House co-chair for Senator John McCain's presidential campaign.
    Allen said he was drawn to McCain's exemplary record of military and elected service. He also said McCain had a proven ability and track record."

11. How would you feel if a hot chick were found to have given her boyfriend a blowjob in the same place?

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Why? Haven't you ever gotten freaky with someone in a location that may not have been the most private?

I just want to correct you on this:
    The man was acting as the prostitute.

If this guy was a moralist, like that other Republican, then he received his just desserts. If he's not, then this should be an issue that remains between him and his family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.