1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another piece of legislation that addresses the issue of teen pregnancy...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I agree FarmerJ.................

But I'm not worried because I know my daughter will be a virgin on her wedding day..   ::)

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm not worried, either, but for different, more sensible reasons.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

More sensible reasons = chastity belt and a shotgun.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I guess we'll find out sometime in the next two decades.

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'm sorry, ......I totally forgot that you'll never find anyone that would consider having a child with you.  So you'll never have to worry about anything discussed in this entire thread!   Wow, tough break fuckface.  

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

No, what you likely forgot is that I'll do things in a responsible way, rather than just producing a "fuck trophy" to show how cool I am.

On my list of worries, having a kid and raising (rearing) it to your satisfaction is way, way down.

Sorry to disappoint.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And if the protection fails, which it regrettably sometimes does? Then...nothing?

14-year-olds shouldn't be having sex, agreed. But since when do we make legislation/public policy based on what people SHOULD do? If people did what they SHOULD do, we wouldn't need laws. The fact that people don't is why we have worst-case scenarios, and ways of dealing with them.

Didn't we used to legislate laws? When did we start legislating morality? And more importantly, someone else's morality? Ugh. I'm stopping now. I'm so tired of being told that I should have to live according to someone else's self-righteous moral code, consequences be damned.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I've used that term once in my entire life, as a joke, on a message board, 2 minutes after I first heard it.

Of course having a child is way down on your list of priorities,  you have tons of things to worry about before children.

- finding a woman
    - seeing a psychatrist to deal with your depression and anger issues
    - developing some self esteem to confront people in real life, so you don't go to message boards to "let off steam"

start with seeing a doctor...and then the self esteem will come, and in a few years hopefully you'll build up the confidence to ask a woman on a date.  

But hey....you always have the 40AK Fantasy football league to fall back on, so it's not all bad little fella!  

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Again, ash, you're making my day. Being as divergent from what you want is a sign I'm doing things the right way.

I know you're having a tough time grasping that, but it is indeed true.

Also, if you don't think I confront people in real life, you are sadly mistaken.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

So you're like Bizarro Ashy Larry!

Keep doing things your way......it seems to be working great for ya so far.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You're slow at grasping reality here.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Dyepack...sorry to end the fun so soon but I gotta go to bed pal.  I just want you to know that I truly cherish our online relationship,......and this sounds crazy,.....I really can't believe I'm gonna say this,..... but I think you feel the same way.   :-*

Anyway....don't eat to much popcorn tonight little guy, and please don't eat with the same hand you have down your gym shorts!  

Au revoir!!  

Draft saved Draft deleted