1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another piece of legislation that addresses the issue of teen pregnancy...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 25, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

14-year-olds should be EDUCATED about sex. (I won't make that 60 pt, but I can't stress it strongly enough. There is nothing dumber than growing up uneducated about sex because your adult role models think you shouldn't be having sex. For most kids, including myself, that didn't mean a damn thing.) Education includes birth control (of all kinds), includes STDs, that includes abortions, that includes abstinence, that includes pregnancy planning.

Parents should have realistic expectations about their teens, not irrational ones -- in plain English, that means, expect that your teen is probably going to have intercourse (and almost certainly, oral sex) sometime between the ages of 14 and 18, and prepare them appropriately. I'm not being preachy here. I'm not being liberal here. I'm being realistic. Fucking educate the fucking kids. Ignorance is a stupid policy for parents with kids, and for self-appointed government "morality leaders." Fuck ignorance. :)

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I guess if I have kids, I'm going to be a terrible failure then. Because I'm going to expect them to be responsible.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Nothing wrong with that. As long as you fucking educate them.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Alley, quit feeding the troll.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think I'll handle my own issues in that area. But thank you for the advice.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

And how are they going to know what your "expectations" are?  

If they have protected sex, is that being responsible?  

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And wow, I've never been at the forefront of a board trend before! I feel cool now :)

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Not really sure what you're bent out of shape about, but OK.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Well, unless there's something I don't know about, this discussion is at least 11 or 12 years and nine months off. Probably nine months and a day since I'm sitting here in gym shorts and eating popcorn.

Dude, you've seen my serious posts here. Do you really think there will be any mincing of words?

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'm willing to bet your child will be painfully aware and know exactly what your expectations are......

;)

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Yes.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

If they're 14, no.

Draft saved Draft deleted