1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another opening in Danville, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by DrewWilson, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Well, that makes two of us.

2. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

I'm bumping this up because this position has not been filled yet. We've had candidates in and even made a few offers, but those candidates -- most if not all outside of our region -- have had offers closer to home and chose to take them.

As I've continued to go through the applicants, I've found that many have already found jobs elsewhere and are no longer a candidate for our job. Honestly, it's one of the strangest things I've seen.

So, for anyone still in the hunt for a job that is interested, you can PM me or e-mail me at cwilson@registerbee.com.

3. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Bad for you ... but a good sign for the industry, perhaps?

4. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

No doubt. It's frustrating for me, but I'm glad other sports writers out there are getting an opportunity to do their thing. I'm happy for them.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Drew, just know that the peeps up U.S. 29 from you are rooting like hell for Tunstall baseball tonight. ;)

6. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

FYI: Tunstall up 4-2 through five

Tunstall wins 4-3. Maestro, it's your lucky night. ;)

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We're ecstatic. Nothing more fun than rooting for your prep teams to lose. ;D

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yes suh? Do you have the Tunstall score? They DID? Thank ya!

9. At least Dan River lost.

10. Keystone

Keystone Member

I wonder how many times Dan River Man called the R&B sports desk looking for the score. ::)

11. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

He's called 8-10 times some nights. Thank God our new phone system has caller ID ;D

12. There's a major motion picture in the works about DRM.

Draft saved Draft deleted