1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ANOTHER ONE to ESPN - and ANOTHER one updated 10/27

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Re: ANOTHER ONE to ESPN

Buried under an avalanche here. Who was the other metro sports editor to leave this week?

2. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I remember Viewtron well. A good idea, but 15 years ahead of the Internet boom.

3. Re: ANOTHER ONE to ESPN

Jim Jenks leaving Philly for MLB.com, I'm assuming. But there is so much movement this day, maybe there's been another one.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No that's it.
    But another one is coming. Stay tuned.

5. lono

lono Active Member

Can't believe talented journos are leaving the security of newspapers for risky internet ventures.

On a more serious note, don't know that I'd use ESPN and freedom in the same sentence.

6. VJ

VJ Member

Larry was a smart and interesting guy when I interviewed with him, wish him the best of luck.

7. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

Any thoughts on St. Louis, as in: Will someone move up, or maybe they look outside? I read that they brought in a new editor of the editorial pages recently.

8. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

Moddy, in reference to another exit coming: Any hints? Don't be a tease! :)

9. Moderator1

T.J. Quinn gave the Daily News notice this week. He is going to ESPN (where else) to do investigative work.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is ESPN on a hiring binge or are newspaper people getting out before their work product is diluted further?

11. Moderator1

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

As a daily reader of the Daily News, I'll miss reading him. One thing I wonder about for those who do go to ESPN is if they worry at all about being lost in the shuffle. Just one example: I used to read Adande all the time, primarily because I followed the Lakers coverage in the Times. But I think I've read him once at ESPN. There's just so many people when you go to espn.com, seems like some of these people might see their profile lowered, as weird as that sounds considering they're going to the behemoth that is espn and espn.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.