1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ANOTHER ONE to ESPN - and ANOTHER one updated 10/27

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

If this turns into a guessing game *** I said that much earlier in the thread.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

ESPN.com has copy desks? :)

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

actually... southeast...

4. Moderator1

OK, enough. We may know. His folks MAY know. Or may not. I've only said 100 times let's not play a guessing game.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. It's only fair in the open forum to not speculate.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This just in, ESPN is going to hire four of the best SEs in the country to carry Rick Reilly around Bristol when he gets there in June.

They'll taste his food, get him credentials to LSU games... You know, do all the little things...

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Moddy, you can't start this kind of thread and then admonish people for speculating.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Uh, he does what he wants. Duuuuh.

9. Moderator1

Yeah, I can. My point was to the discussion we've been having about ESPN adding lots and lots of people and going after heavy hitters and throwing money around, etc. They're after some heavy hitters. The PM network, I'm sure, is working overtime. I asked real early not to make this a guessing game out of respect for the people involved - I have always posted when I've learned information and will do the same here.

This was not a "rumors and bullshit" thread. I don't want it to become one. That ESPN is making major efforts to make major hires is not a rumor. Tossing names out takes it to that level.

10. Moderator1

But to limit temptation, I'll lock it until I have something to report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.