1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another music thread -- Your first concert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jul 31, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Scott Stapp's hot, and that's what my brother wanted to see.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I have gone to several bigger concerts in my life though...

- Live 8 (Philadelphia). It was just amazing seeing all those people once you got out of the subway and the performances were great. The Dave Matthews Band played pretty well and Linkin Park and Jay-Z sent chills up my spine.

-Ludacris. He only came on for like an hour and half of the raps were just his hype men.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

First show I ever went to was Rod Stewart (Hi, BYH!) on the Blondes Have More Fun tour at Maple Leaf Gardens in 1978 or so. Say what you want about a lot of the schlock he has put out over the years but back in the day he put on one hell of a show.

First Springsteen show was on the River tour at the Gardens.

4. ostentatious

ostentatious Member

2001-ish?

Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers in some bar. Interviewed Roger after the concert and did a story type thing for my college newspaper.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Bet that was loud. I saw them at a dumpy club here in town some years back and my ears were ringing for days.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Not 100% sure. Smoked my first doob that night too. :D

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

INXS at Radio City Music Hall, March or April 1988. Public Image Ltd opened up. Great show.
    Sold tickets to Les Miserable to go to this show, toatlly worth it.

Saw INXS three times, tied with Wilco for most seen artist.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Sno-Core Tour in 1997. Blink-182 before they sold out and Primus was the headliner.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

I absolutely refuse to admit in public that my first concert was Randy Travis, 1989, at the Halifax Metro Centre. The guy I was dating was a fan of Randy Travis (of course, he also ran out and bought the Tone Loc tape?!?!?!) and somehow got in his head that my birthday should be spent at a country music concert.

Fucktard.

And yes, I'm even stupider :)P) for dating him for a year and a half.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Rare Earth ... in 1971 or so.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

First one ever was U2 at Radio City Music Hall in December, 1984. It was after the Unfortgettable Fire came out. I was 16. The Waterboys were the opening act. It was basically the set you can hear on the live album from Red Rocks. A fight broke out in the middle of I Will Follow and spilled over onto the stage. Bono and the Edge ended up trading punches with people from the crowd, and it halted the concert for a few minutes. I haven't been to a ton of concerts in my life, but it is still one of the more memorable concerts I have ever been to. It actually makes me sad about what U2 turned into later on.

12. Rambler

Rambler Member

Stones. 1981, Rosemont Horizon (outside of Chicago).

Life-changing.

Draft saved Draft deleted