1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another music thread -- Your first concert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jul 31, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Bon Jovi's New Jersey tour with Skid Row opening.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Great show, right? That's damn eerie.

IIRC, Bon Jovi had a catwalk that went out into the crowd that they used for "Lay Your Hands On Me."

I slapped hands with Jon Bon Jovi. Homo-erotic? Maybe.

Freakishly awesome when you're 13 years old? You bet your ass.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Not to doubt your memory because nobody forgets their first Bruce show, but the tremendous Springsteen setlist database -<a HREF=http://www.brucebase.org.uk/bbmain.htm>Brucebase</a> - says the show was Jan. 25, 1974, not April.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

First Bruce show - Sept. 1, 1985 Giants Stadium
    Most recent Bruce show (my 88th) - June 25, 2006 Garden State Arts Center
    The stats: 26 venues - 17 cities - 8 states
    (the cities.... NYC; Philly; E.Rutherford,NJ; Hartford,Conn.; Bridgeport, Conn.; Wallingford, Conn.; Lowell,Mass.;Asbury Park,NJ; New Brunswick,NJ; Holmdel,NJ; Trenton,NJ; Upper Darby, Pa.; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Lexington,KY; Atlanta,Ga; Orlando,Fla.; Tampa, Fla)

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

KISS
    Jan. 3, 1978, Hollywood Sportatorium

6. sportschick

It was amazing. The cat walk got Jon close enough that I could see his eyes, not close enough to slam hands, but I was in looooovvvveee afer that. It also totally hooked me on concerts.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Stephan Jenkins did that on Third Eye Blind's last tour, the walkway into the fans. I could see where that would be a real rush for the fans.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Pink Floyd, 1988

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Weird Al Yankovic

What say ye?

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

first concert: james taylor at carnegie hall, circa 1974. i was 17.

first bruce show: 9/21/79, "no nukes," madison square garden. he went on last and played an hour or so and totally converted for life this skeptic. :eek: :eek: :eek:

first pure bruce show: 11/27/80, "the river" tour, msg. my count is at about 40, covering shows in n.y., n.j., l.a., san fran, hartford and philly. 8) 8) 8)

11. sportschick

I'm pretty sure that Scott Stapp did it one time when I saw Creed. It's one of my favorite arena show stunts. Nowadays you don't see it much with shows tending to be in smaller venues.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Even Jesus thinks Creed sucks, sportschick.

Draft saved Draft deleted