1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Mel Gibson rant caught on tape. This one racist

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I guess I'm thinking the N-bomb wasn't the point of his comments. His overall point was that his wife was dressing like a cooz queen.
    What Gibson said was god-awful, don't get me wrong. It is and probably should be a career-ender. But it wasn't like he was going on and on about black people. In terms of racist blasts I've heard much, much more focused attacks that were much worse.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In the big picture, the way he treated his wife — admitting he hit her and threatening to kill her — is just as bad. In fact, he probably should go to jail for it.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Not sure how he treated his wife, but it's his girlfriend he's threatening to murder.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

They said wife on the radio.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I WANT A WHOLE JEWISH INFIELD WHEN GIBSON GETS OUT!!!!

Funniest thing I've ever seen on a live sports telecast.

The best part is Youkilis makes the last putout of the inning on a pickoff. MEL GIBSON EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!!

6. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

the girlfriend was also supposedly extorting cash from him too, it will all come out in court

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I heard a mash-up of Christian Bale and Mel Gibson's tirades on YouTube - it was golden.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The thinh I love most about the tape is how calm Oxy seems in the face of such a vile tirade. It's like she's saying to herself, "Keep on digging yourself that hole, Adolf." If only she had ended the call with Joss Ackland's famous line from LW2: "Who's the asshole now, Riggs?"

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's just been revoked.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

They played the full thing on Stern today. Unbelievable.

I don't think it's any stretch to say this is a career-ender, for all intents and purposes.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The insane sounding heavy breathing was so creepy. Dude's crazy.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Indeed...fucking brilliant!

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/taped-if-mel-gibson-met-christian-bale/#comments

Draft saved Draft deleted