1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Mel Gibson rant caught on tape. This one racist

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

In one jaw-dropping threat, Mel is caught telling Oksana: "I am going to come and burn the f--king house down... but you will blow me first." :eek:

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I hate when people use the n world.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Are "the broad" and "the Russian" the same person?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing.

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

As good as Leary is on Rescue Me, he's so good in just a random live situation like a booth during a game. Classic bit there with Lenny Clarke.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

That's the exact same thing I said after "Edge of Darkness."

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I agree! I actually don't like Leary in much of anything except his random appearances on talk shows. There is a whole group of performers - Norm MacDonald, Tracy Morgan, Jay Mohr, heck even Costas - who are much better to me when they're not reading off a script.

As far as Gibson goes, can he still make money? Like professional wrestling, I think someone will eventually give him another chance as long as they think they can make some money with the guy.

8. Mel's previous rant was anti-Semitic. Judaism is a faith, not a race.

9. Deeper_Background

Photos Will Show Oksana With Black Eyes And Broken Teeth From Mel, Friend Says
    Posted on Jul 06, 2010 16:00 GMT
    Oksana Grigorieva not only has Mad Mel’s vile and profane rants on tape, but she is also sitting on potentially explosive photos that will show her bloodied and bruised after a confrontation with the Oscar-winner, according to a close confidante.

It’s the latest and ugliest development in the couple's bitter legal battle, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

After we revealed the Braveheart star was caught on tape erupting into a racist tirade at his baby's mama -- in which he said Oksana looked “like a f-- king pig in heat” who could “get raped by a pack of n ***ers” -- the photos reportedly substantiate her explosive claim that the actor/director punched her in the face.

Grigorieva received two black eyes and had two front teeth knocked out, the source, familiar with the case has told RadarOnline.com.

“You can see Oksana's two main front teeth were broken and there are bruises all over her face,” said the pal, who has seen the photos.

“They will come out eventually and she is prepared to use them in their court case.”

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/07/exclusive-photos-will-show-oksana-black-eyes-and-broken-teeth-mel-friend-says

10. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

That's an awfully narrow view. "Jew" can refer to ethnicity. I have friends (and some on here may be as well) who are Jews, yet are not practicing the religion.

11. Deeper_Background

How much will Mel pony up so the pics won't see the light of day? $100 million, 150? Racist audio tapes aren't a total career breaker in today's Hollywood, but brutal domesitc abuse photos are a different matter.

12. Crash

Crash Active Member

Judaism is a faith, but being Jewish is generally accepted as an ethnicity.

Draft saved Draft deleted