1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Lunkhead Broadcasting Suspension

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Feb 9, 2008.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

What's amazing to me is you can be a minority and be caught smoking crack or sending unscrupulouts e-mails, and not be in danger of losing your job -- even if you're the mayor of a major metropolitan city.

But be white and let a faux pas slip out and you're labeled for life.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yep. The minorities have it so good. Damned White Persecution. ::)

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm amazed this slap is still on the air. I can remember listening to him on AM 1000 back in the late 80s when I was a grade schooler surfing the AM band for something interesting before bed. He came off as an arrogant blowhard then and, by the looks of chetcoppock.com, nothing's changed.

4. It's about time someone stood up for the white guy. We just can't catch a break.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep . . . sure . . . like he's never been a boor on the air -- or off -- before, in his life.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Didn't he once get the shit kicked out of him while at a game?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Surely, a local or two can chime in . . .

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chet_Coppock

Suspensions

WMVP suspended Coppock five shifts for an anti-Semitic remark during a February 2, 2008 broadcast.[2]

Coppock was previously suspended in the spring of 2007 for "dropping his pants in the presence of a female employee."[3]

[edit] News

On February 14, 2007, Coppock was attacked in the parking lot following a DePaul University basketball game in Rosemont, Illinois[4][5]. Jaime A. Waldron of Milwaukee, Wisconsin was found guilty of battery after pleading not guilty. Waldron was sentenced to 40 hours of community service and ordered to pay court costs.[6]

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

speaking for money-grubbing jews such as myself everywhere, his ass better be fired over this.... no discussion, no nothing, period. :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ladies gentleman, my guest tonight needs no introduction. Well known throughout the sports world, and in fact, one of the most important historical figures in the last 25 years, and the only one I would even consider sharing my full-length fur coat with. Please join me, as I welcome... my own ego.

11. It's bad enough that women wear fur coats ... men should absolutely not wear them. I saw a guy wearing one the other day while talking on his cell phone. Took every bit of restraint I had not to shove the entire coat up his nose.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That's sounds exactly like Chet, everytime he does an intro to a guest.

"Your dime, your dance floor, Jew boy."

"Now, let me give you a wrap-up, you money-grubbing bastard..."

Ah, I remember the days of Sportschannel Chicago, and the infancy of Sporting News Radio. Chet on SNR was the best 4 hours of suck-up ego-laden radio I couldn't get enough of!

Draft saved Draft deleted