1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Little League parent gone amok

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 27, 2007.

1. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

It did sound like Ben Affleck & Co. in Dazed and Confused.

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

You're right in the fact that it does give the good parents the wrong representation.

There are a lot of them out there. One of our two leagues here could get a state tournament every year if they wanted, because of the volunteer organization they have. These people bust their butts working on fields, working in concession stands, getting things organized. And they'll do anything we ask when we need information.

All you need is the one dumbass to spoil everything.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'm volunteering to coach a youth hockey team in my city this winter.....I can't wait to whip the little bastards into shape.....obviously I'm referring to the parents. ;)

Seriously, I'm excited. I haven't coached in 5 years.......I've worked plenty of skills clinics and camps for kids, but never had a team. My first coaching gig was right out of college,....as an Asst.Coach for a college I had played against the previous 4 years, ....2 years later......Asst.Coach at my high school.....and now Pee-Wees,...hmmmmm, I sense a trend.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I can count close to 50 Little Leagues in our immediate coverage area, and at All-Star time, I get out to a number of games. I can't tell you the last time I saw an out-of-hand parent. He/she would get shouted down if it were to happen here. He/she would be stopped before it became a problem.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You've finally gotten to the best level of coaching. Took you long enough.

Enjoy.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Youth sports parents make me want to bash my head against a wall. That is all.

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

Sister, I feel your pain! Been there, done that!

Draft saved Draft deleted