1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Law & Order hiring

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

I thought Caruso peaked in Hill Street Blues when he played Tommy Mann, the leader of the Shamrocks, the Irish youth gang.

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

To clarify, I meant the Caruso on CSI_Miami ... total agreement.

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Too bad he wasn't wearing the sunglasses back then. . .

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The move to Saturday night portends the beginning of the end . . .

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

It's Friday night, but your point still holds.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

My bad . . . but, indeed, remains virtually the same, in the wonderful world of network prime time . . . thanks.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Same subject, same actor. Alana De La Garza jumping over from the now-deceased mother ship to L&O: Los Angeles.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/law-order-co-star-alana-de-la-garza-joins-spinoff-law-order-los-angeles/

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've only seen part of one L&O: LA, but I thought De la Garza was clearly better than Rohm or Parisse in the role of Jack's helper in the original, so she should be an asset.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I didn't see anything wrong with the assistant DAs on the LA version. I really think the L.A. setting is the problem. It's like any other cop show.

10. Mira

Mira Member

I've been a L&O fan for years and LA doesn't hold my attention. I start watching it, get bored and turn the channel. I do like L&O UK which has been running on BBC America. That's really good. The exchanges between the two UK cops remind of the conversations between Chris Noth and Jerry Orbach.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dick Wolf needs to go out and hire the now jobless writing team behind Terriers; they nailed the SoCal detective vibe.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Same crew is behind the Chicago Code.

Draft saved Draft deleted