1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Inconvenient Truth for Al Gore

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Portland police announced they are reopening case of possible sexual assault by Al Gore.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-gore-sex-abuse-case-reopened-portland/story?id=11059203

Juiciest parts of story so far is that he paid $540 for a 3 hour massage and there is a garment as possible evidence.

Story first broke in The National Enquirer.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'd expect a happy ending for $540, too.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The masseuse was pissed because Gore tried to pay the bill in carbon credits.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd expect a better looking masseuse.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

She's 54. Al must have been really turned on when she told him to turn over. Now he's hoping that he doesn't have to bend over.

6. highlander

highlander Member

Most Molly's I've know are hot girls or dogs (not ugly but canine's).

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Unless there is something crazy like a hidden camera, I don't see how this goes anywhere. You've got her word versus his word, unless there is more to it. Criminally that equals no indictment. If it's a ploy to set up a civil suit for $$, it still comes down to her word versus his word, and so far from what I have read, she sounds kind of loony. I would guess the hope is that he pays her under the table to avoid the embarrassment / potential use by Tipper in the upcoming divorce. The timing, based on those things, is suspicious. It's still funny as hell. Mr. Stone.

8. Boom_70

Well we know Al is lony. Seems like the police must have something to open case- specially given who is involved. Perhaps it's part of a vast conspiracy by the anti environmentalists.

Perhaps a DNA stained garment will appear.

9. CR19

CR19 Member

With this case, several trees will be cut for court papers. A great job by Al "Green" Gore.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think it was the Energy Star tattoo.

[​IMG]

11. Boom_70

I trust that he was reusing the towel that he was wrapped in to assist the hotel in doing less laundry.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

A garment produced two years after the fact is highly suspect. I agree with the Portland Police Dept. that the evidentiary value of it is almost nil. Who knows where that garment has been for the past two years.

Then again, maybe there is something beyond coincidence that he and Tipper separate within a couple of months of this breaking?

Draft saved Draft deleted