1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Hulk movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Should we hold hands and start singing songs of unity? Does anyone have a guitar?

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Not a racist, Doc. Actually, there are unfortunately a lot of people who think as you do, and they're not racist. Just inconsistent, and a tad unaware of the world outside their own experiences.

And, sportspredictor . . .you remain a dunce.

Like anyone else, I simply wanted to make my point. I did so, and based on the views displayed here, my lack of desire to change the world was wise. Not that it matters. You both fail to see the point here.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I saw it. Then I saw it again. Then I saw it again. Then I saw it again. Then I saw it again. Now I see it again.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

OK, just glancing through the posts, let me get this straight: The new Hulk will be played by a a person of Chinese descent, and THAT MAKE POSTER ANGRY! Is that right?

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Is that some kind of muppet joke, you asshole? :D

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Yes, and we are not allowed to make any jokes of his green variety. In fact, it has been rewritten so that the Hulk will be one giant rainbow, as to not offend anyone.

DAMN!

Did it again.

He can't be a rainbow, because then we'd be making fun of gay people and that's bad too....so i propose we just make the Hulk invisible.

DAMN!

Did it again!

I guess we're just going to have to do without a Hulk movie. Wouldn't want to offend the blind.

8. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

One of the great things about this board is that often times when someone has a differing view than the majority on a particular thread, the rest of the posters usually take the time to consider things from the dissenter's point of view and rarely get defensive.

::)

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And here's something else that just is: Lee is actually his surname (family name), with Ang his given name. So to be culturally correct, he's actually Lee Ang.

Which kind of takes the wind out of everybody's sails, but that's what I do. :D

10. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Can I call you the deflator? Cuz, I like your style.
    See a dispute?
    Suck the damn wind right out of it! Never fear, The Deflator is here!

Besides, when have facts ever stopped an argument on this board? I know they've never stopped me. ;)

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I hate forcing this thread back on track, but damn the Hulk trailer sucked.
    As bad as I thought the first one was, this will be worse.
    Looking at it made me think of Cloverfield. I was expecting some sort of action movie and was stuck with a shitty love story.
    The Hulk looks to be the same way.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

What kind of nerd am I?
    The kind who thought that the Hulk movie was actually pretty good. I've always thought of it as being vastly under-rated.
    Eric Bana did a fine job, Ang Lee or Lee Ang or Ang Ree did, to me, an exceptional job of direction. The movie was visually stunning. Just beautifully shot. At its heart, it was a CGI spectacle, that Lee did as well as someone could.
    I'm thinking of that scene, Hulk is jumping and soaring through the sky, the sun is in his face, the wind is blowing his air and he looks at peace. Essentially it was all computer programming, but it was well done visually.
    Mock is you please, but I thought it was good. I might have done some things different, but it was much, much better than the Fantastic Four movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted