1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Hulk movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You all are impossible to please.

I know quite a bit about this production and you'll love it.

It's going to be a musical.

According to the researchers, Hulk singing and dancing in his tiny torn khakis is gonna be boffo with the tween crowd.

Then it will go straight to Broadway.

Can't miss.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

LOL here in the press box at Mississippi State baseball.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Norton may be one of the best actors working, but he has a reputation for being one of the biggest pains in the ass to work with...

If someone had told me after the first one that I would go see the sequel, I'd have told them they were insane, but Edward Norton just doesn't make too many bad movies...

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Reminds of when I went with a couple friends to see the first Hulk film. "From Justin to Kelly" was playing in the theater next door, which led to some classic "Why is the Hulk singing!?" jokes.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously, I could not believe just how bad and boring the Hulk and Fantastic Four movies were.

Just soul and brain dead or something.

I agree that Ed Norton is always good. Often surprisingly good in roles where he looks soft and isn't.

6. BRoth

BRoth Member

Maybe Zac Effron will be in it.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

How is this acceptable?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ummm ... because it's Buck? He doesn't have a malicious bone in his body.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I see.

And had he said something like "It sounds like me impersonating a black guy saying "angry"" what would the response be? Be honest, now.

Doesn't matter who you are, what your internet persona is, or if someone who is your Internet buddy vouches for you. Making fun of the way people of certain races speak is NEVER cool, no matter if you think he's "malicious" or not. I guess if he had shown mean-spirited GOP leanings on the political threads, then there would be cries of "racist!!!!!"

But Buck's apparently a cool guy, so it slides.

Not cool, Buck.

10. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

I'm a huge Hulk fan. I didn't mind the first Hulk movie, but I'm hoping for better things for the second. That trailer, though, didn't do a whole lot for me. Maybe they'll cut another one that can impress me more.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Feel better now? I'm sure Buck is sorry if it offended anyone.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It's a linguistic truth that speakers of some Asian languages trying to speak English have trouble replicating certain sounds, because those sounds don't exist in some of those languages. The "r" sound is one of those; Asian speakers often replace it with an "l."

Not necessarily in defense of Buck's statement, but it does reflect something that just is.

Draft saved Draft deleted