1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Hulk movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Mar 14, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

This one with Ed Norton as Bruce Banner.

Coming this summer, I think.

I'm kinda surprised they'd try this again so soon. From the trailer I saw, it appears to be a reboot of the story, not in any way a sequel to the Ang Lee film.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Good, because Ang Lee's film sucked.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't like Ang Lee when he's angry.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yeah, it did.

Sort of misbegotten from the get-go, like having Robert Altman, God rest his soul, direct Popeye.

5. I was reading somewhere - Perez Hilton? - that the movie could be on the fritz... Norton was allowed to join the writing staff for rewrites and supposedly being a royal pain in the ass to deal with and as a result the whole project had slowed.

Shame.
    Not a big fan of the Hulk, never was, but I really like Ed Norton's work. The dude can act.

6. BRoth

BRoth Member

Yeah, I can't imagine Norton signing on to do a summer blockbuster superhero movie unless he knew it would be worth his time ... or if he was being paid lots of $.

Either way, I generally trust Norton to do good work, so I have to assume for now that the movie won't suck.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's funny, because his name sounds like me impersonating a Chinese guy saying 'angry.'

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Perhaps today's NYDN?

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/03/14/2008-03-14_incredible_fight_for_ed_norton_on_hulk.html

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I saw the trailer last night on youtube (just search "Hulk"). Not that impressed. Sometimes these visual effects aren't as good in the trailers as they turn out to be in the theater, but I thought the Hulk looked better in Lee's movie. In fact, that was really the only good thing about Ang Lee's version, they nailed the look of the Hulk. This time, not so much. And the Abomination (the bad monster in the trailer) looks ridiculous.

The cast on this one is impressive, but I really liked the casting on Ang Lee's movie, too.
    The story was complete shit.

Oh well. Guess I'll give it a shot when it makes it to cable.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Glad it's not another Hulk Hogan movie.

11. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Ditto. One of the most disappointing movies I'd ever seen. How the hell do you screw up The Incredible Hulk on the big screen with all of today's special effects technology? I'm willing to give this movie a chance, but if they screw this up, I'll just stick to DVDs of the original TV series.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is very easy to screw up. Take a really interesting chraracter and drop him in a really bad story. Take advantage of today's effects to create a Hulk that looks tremendous, but make sure you don't even see him for half the movie. And get Nick Nolte to use his mug shot look and chew on the scenery as much as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted