1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Highlander movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Riddick, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

http://imdb.com/title/tt0299981/

it's a series that refuse to die. Like those damn Leprechaun movies.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They've done four of these? I only remember the first one.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The first one was great. The second one was ok and I didn't see the third or fourth.

How the hell does it keep going? Everything was finished in the first one. There was only one.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In the end, there can be only five.
    Unless this movie does well, then there can be six.

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Ricky Bobby: Wow, I feel like I'm in Highlander.
    Jean Girard: What is the Highlander?
    Ricky Bobby: It's a movie.
    Jean Girard: Oh. Any good?
    Ricky Bobby: Very good. it won an Academy Award.
    Jean Girard: For what?
    Ricky Bobby: For best movie ever made.

I've never actually seen the movie, so this is all I got.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm a Highlander geek. Loved the TV series in the mid-90s. So I'll try to explain...

Turns out, the events of the first movie weren't "The Gathering" they kept talking about. More like a small party with a few strong immortals. So when McLeod (good guy) chops off the head of Kurgan (bad guy) at the end and thinks he's the last one left, he's wrong. Kurgan was just so strong, McLeod thought it was the final quickening.
    I've never seen Part 2, but by most accounts it sucked ass. Parts 3 and 4 weren't bad, especially if you enjoyed the TV series. Parts 3 and 4 were basically just the good immortals vs. a few bad ones. And in the fourth one, you have movie Highlander teaming up with TV Highlander (they were cousins), which was kind of neat.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

There's only one soundtrack, though. :D

[​IMG]

Awesome video...and on-stage sword fight.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The fourth one was ok, except for the bullshit happy ending they tacked on after the initial test screenings. The girl was supposed to be dead, too, but they decided it was too damn depressing. But if you watch the other movies and the show, they pretty much just ignore the whole second movie, so what's one stupid scene?

Could be worse, though. They could make a movie of that goofy, sci-fi series Adrian Paul did after Highlander (Trancer? Tracer? I forget).

I tried to watch the second one on cable. Truly awful.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, they teamed up on the show. I believe it was the pilot episode. Bull from Night Court (Richard Moll) played the bad guy.

And wait, the end of the original, McLeod just thought it was the final quickening? Oh well, it's immortals running around cutting people's heads off with broadswords and never getting caught, so why bother worrying about plot holes?

The last movie was ok except for that bullshit happy ending they tacked on after the initial test viewings.

10. busdriver

busdriver Member

five or six my ass look how long that damn halloween movies the last one was like the 30th one come on Jamie lee do you really think that you will ever really kill your bro. you have blown him up, ran him over, fried him, ( if I'm not misstaken) shot him, stabbed him More than his fair share, and in the last one you cut his head off.
    did you ever stop to think that he may be a little pissed off at you for all that and that is why he keeps comming back

11. busdriver

busdriver Member

wait Let us not forget that allmighty Jason's and Freddy movies

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

this thread has me wanting to go out and buy a sword.

Draft saved Draft deleted