1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another head-scratcher

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by newinthefield, Apr 19, 2011.

1. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

Ridiculous extremes are the lifeblood of today's mediocre sports columnist.

2. That's not really a guarantee, actually. I personally didn't give a damn about hearing about my birth and never bothered to ask my parents about it. Some kids will want to know, and some won't. But it's not smart to guess they won't, because you're playing with fire.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The obvious answer is that these two should have fucked in February so there wouldn't be a conflict.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Nor did I. Which is why I believe a good bit of this is soccer-parent hand-wringing.

As was mentioned earlier, we're only a generation removed from it being the norm for fathers to remain in the waiting room.

5. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

But now we're giving birth to a generation where it's the norm for mommy to post the 5,000-word "birth story" on her public blog within a week of the delivery. Where it's the norm not only for dads to be in the delivery room, and to take pictures, but to live-Tweet the delivery. And then take six weeks of paternity leave.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I wish the U.S. had paid paternity leave, but the U.S. is backwards in so many ways with vacation and sick time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_leave

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This true.

This is funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted