1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Father of the Year candidate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Nov 16, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I believe disobeying the orders of a police officer are an arrestable offense. In which case, the cop can drag you out of the car, cuff you, take you to the station. At that point, if you refuse the breathalyzer, you get charged with that crime, which, in many states, carries the same penatlies as a DUI.

So you end up with the same penalties as a DUI, plus some extra charges that will surely result in more fines and penalties.

This idea sounds bunk.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

The only tip on this I've ever heard (and thankfully I've never had to try) is that in my state the suspect could choose between breath, blood and urine test. The tip was to choose blood because by the time they got you somewhere to do that, you might've sobered up.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Neither does my head.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

And then when you get there, wait for them to pull out the needle and fake a seizure. That will buy you another 5-10 minutes. HINT: Added bonus points if you can fall onto a loaf of bread and cram some into your mouth.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's funny. Whenever I'm nearly busted for drinking and driving -- about three times a month -- I just pull into a cornfield, run outside of the car and scream about the bees in my car.

"They're everywhere," I say, and the cops flee the scene.

Seriously, it works. And I have proof:

Draft saved Draft deleted