1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Father of the Year candidate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Nov 16, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I have a feeling you just missed that whole pile of sarcasm.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The best sarcasm is the sneaky kind.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I didn't see any blue font. If I had, I wouldn't have posted that. Except if I directed it at the father.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Blue schmoo.

I think the father made the smart play. He's not the one busted for the DUI, and who cares if the kid's license is suspended anyway -- he doesn't have one.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The blue font fucking sucks.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Is blue font really needed when the sarcasm is that obvious.
    Now let me get this straight you really belived that Ace saw no problem in a Father Son DUI and that he thought they should have had a sober 8 year old to drive them home

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I agree.

(But if he agrees and he's using blue font does that mean he really disagrees, but if he disagrees then why is he usign blue font? Does not compute!)

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

He had me until he threw the 8 year old in there. Obviously ridiculous at that point.

Should have gone with a 10 year old instead.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

In Hell, a tear runs down Chris Benoit's cheek, but evaporates as soon as it starts.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The story would have been better if the cops tasered the kid

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What do you think this is? Canada?

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Has anybody heard the advice on what you're supposed to do if you're pulled over and you know you're drunk? I think it's out of one of those Ultimate Survivalist handbooks or something.

Basically, you're not supposed to get out of the car. The cop can't legally open the door and pull you out of there without probable cause. Just sit there, turn off the engine and relax. The cop will need a court order to have you forcibly removed. That will take a couple of hours. By then, you will have sobered up. Yes you'll get some tickets, arrested for something (obstruction?), but the fines/punishment will be a lot less then getting a DUI.

Draft saved Draft deleted