1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Family Values Conservative

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 25, 2007.

1. http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007/07/michigan_young_republican_plea.html

And, before the "whoever heard of this guy?" chorus begins, let us read the story down to the part where this guy spoke at a Republican national convention.
    What is it with these people?
    Elmer Gantry is a dead pope by comparison.
    And, yes, if you scroll down you find out he'd signed on with John McCain, who can't win for losing these days.
    http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:1s-viDI9ZmoJ:bconservatives.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html+Michael+Flory+Bill+Clinton&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=90&gl=us

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Michigan Young Republicans' Web site once hailed him as "one of the rising stars of GOP politics in America"

Didn't they say the same thing about JDV?

3. Proveably.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sounds like nice guy. I wonder if this is what the Dems have to do to avoid being tagged as being soft and less than manly by the right.

5. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Hey, I guess it could have been worse. He could have left someone dead in his car under water.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or, he could have gotten a blow job from an intern. A BLOW JOB FROM AN INTERN!!!!!!!!!!!

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

The horror!

Wait...spell-checking...

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Glad I took the over on the first Clinton reference on this thread. I think I'm going to play the Vitter, Foley, Livingston parley next.
    Honestly, I think having a D or R next to your name doesn't make you any better or any worse when caught up in these things. But I do think it hurts the GOP image of family values etc. when it is a Republican. Everyone knows the Dems are heathens, but a Repub caught with pants down make the party look like a bunch of false prophets.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This wouldn't happen if gay people weren't getting married.

10. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Let me get ahead of the game...

At least OUR party roots these sickos out and doesn't let them get blowjobs from interns in the Oval Office! [yawn/]

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

The Dems appear to celebrate deviance, so it's never a shock when one of them gets "caught". Heck, it probably extended Barney Frank's career :)

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In its current form, the GOP advocates uncensored fiscal rape of the broad populace. Your choice.

Draft saved Draft deleted