1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another example of liberal elitist hypocrisy....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Out of mind....I'll translate for the simple among us...

He bitched about me putting words into his mouth that the Globe was liberal, yet didn't deny that the Globe was in fact liberal. Offer him a hand on coming up with that 49 percent of conservative newspapers and if your head hurts too much doing that, 20 percent. That's 10 between you. Just to help out.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, I understood your silliness just fine. Still makes my head hurt.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Truly, it's amazing that with this radical approach to logic you have yet to conquer the world.

It's an honor.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

What's an honor?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It is.

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

The Globe is liberal. The Herald is conservative. Yawn is illiterate.

Three indisputable truths.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Glad to see mass-SportsJournalists.com is in full force, between this thread and the Simmons/Holy Cross one.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I don't live in the Northeast, and I don't work there many times throughout the year. But I swear I've covered a game with a Globe guy who was black. He was certainly not white. He was a nice, young guy, but I forget his name. Maybe I'm wrong...

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Clearly, then, we should be outraged that there aren't more Hispanic college athletes....once that is rectified we can move our attention to the coaching ranks and then to management...

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I did hear today that Tommy Amaker has been linked to the Harvard hoop job. Given that his wife is into academia (assistant dean at Ann Arbor), this might be a good fit for him, and a great get for the Crimson.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In the black/white world of the North American knuckledragger, I guess so.

But there are about 1,000 components of "liberal" and "conservative."

Trying to lump people or institutions with thousands of employees into one of two neat little categories is stupid to the 63rd power.

And by the way . . .

. . . of the nation's largest 140 newspapers, 83 endorsed Bush instead of Gore in the 2000 election.

And since the world is black and white, that means about 60 percent of the newspapers are "conservative."

Be careful what you wish for.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I hope it's Mike Jarvis, myself. Would be nice to see him come home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.