1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another ESPN joke

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, May 14, 2012.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Followed a Tweeted link about an ESPN story by Joe Schad about the Florida State-ACC-Big 12 situation.

Schad's story starts: "Florida State president Dr. Eric Barron has written a memo obtained by ESPN ..."

Really? REALLY? This memo was posted all over the Internet Monday. So, I guess ESPN "obtained" it. I realize that this is SOP for the WWL but eff 'em.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Well, he's not wrong. And on the list of ESPN's transgressions, I'm not even sure this makes the top 1,000.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

End of thread.

4. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Texas AD says it ain't gonna happen.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Probably not top 100,000.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Now here's a transgression worth being pissed about:

http://deadspin.com/5910612/former-nba-coach-plagiarizes-spurs-message-board-for-espncom-column

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Here's where Deadspin loses me, consistently. Here's what Petchesky wrote:

Yet the headline openly calls it an ESPN.com column.

I don't read ESPN.com, and I sure as shit don't read about the NBA. It may be by degrees, but if it's an ESPN.com column, then you don't need the hemming and hawing below. And if you need the hemming and hawing, then maybe your headline shouldn't be so cut and dried.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Yankee-centric coverage?

http://angels.ocregister.com/2012/05/29/what-was-up-with-espns-weaver-headline/121252/

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Seems to me like a wrong headline got put on the wrong story. Chalk it up to just another stupid thing that can happen on the Interwebs...

10. writingump

writingump Member

It was probably just a silly mistake, but there are a lot of Yankee fans disguised as ESPN talent.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet there are a lot more Red Sox fans.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Then there are those just discovering they play sports east of the Mississippi in places not called Los Angeles.

Draft saved Draft deleted